Report: Why mobile commerce is set to explode
A new report from BI Intelligence takes a close look at the dollar value potential of the mobile commerce market and the trends — mobile payments, purchases via tablet, and social-local-mobile marketing — that are rapidly moving the needle for m-commerce.
A few of the report’s findings are given below:
- In the United States, 29 percent of mobile users have made a purchase with their phones.
- In 2015, American and European shoppers will spend $67.1 billion on smartphone and tablet retail purchases, according to a Bank of America forecast.
- Tablets drive more traffic to online retailers than smartphones, and tablet consumers spend more per transaction than PC-based shoppers.
The full report assesses the opportunity of mobile commerce:
- Current size and growth rate of the market, and niches where mobile commerce has carved out a significant role
- Mobile payments solutions as full-service shopping apps, not just transactional tools
- Mobile marketing techniques, such as SoLoMo and gamification, that can help solve traditional commerce challenges
- The m-commerce implications of Pinterest and mobile-native fashion apps
The full BI Intelligence Report on Mobile Commerce can be purchased online.
For more stories like this, visit the trends/statistics research center.